Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
As a Senior Quality Assurance (QA) Consultant, you will be responsible for managing testing efforts on highly visible projects at client locations. You will be responsible for providing estimates to the project manager and working with the project manager to develop a QA Project Plan. You will be responsible for QA’s interaction with other project teams and manage all the testing resources. This also includes mentoring the test team; improve processes and procedures exercised during testing; maintain good working relationships with the project team and consultants; and provide guidance, leadership, and visibility on test team projects and initiatives.
- Develop and Maintain QA Project Plans
- Develop Test Strategies
- Manage all CTE resources on the engagement
- Leverage CTE’s QA Framework as a guiding principle to developing and implementing effective QA processes
- Ensure effective communications between QA and the other project teams
- Provide test status reporting and metrics on the project
- Identify, calibrate, and manage QA related project risks
- Strong understanding of standard testing methodologies and terminology
- Participate in formal documentation reviews for functional and technical specifications
- Own and manage change as it relates to the QA function
- Assess application readiness and identify deviation of application performance based on test results and application requirements
- Provide test estimates to the project manager
- Evaluate test results to determine compliance with test plans and business processes/requirements
- Develop standards to determine application quality and release readiness
- Provide Technical support to sales team
- Assist with development of Statement of Work for client engagements
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Combination of 5+ years of testing experience including 3+ years of managing/leading QA related projects.
- Experience as a QA Consultant or QA contractor is beneficial
- Strong hands-on experience with using test management tools (e.g., HP Quality Center; Bugzilla; Jira; or other test management tools).
- Strong analytical/problem solving experience to deal with complex business requirements
- Experience of a variety of technology architectures e.g., client-server, web services; REST)
- Experience with various development and testing methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall, and Iterative)
- Experience with automated testing tools and frameworks e.g. HP UFT/QTP, Ranorex, scripting skills in Java, C# etc.
- Good working knowledge of SQL and Relational Databases (Oracle, Sybase) etc.
- Working knowledge of MS office products
- Experience with formal change management processes and tools a plus
- Experience with formal configuration management processes and tools a plus
- Experience across multiple industries is a plus
- Experience with Performance testing tools and performance test planning and monitoring, LoadRunner, Jmeter. SoapUI etc., is a plus
- Candidate requires a bachelor’s degree in a computer science, information systems, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- ISTQB qualifications or equivalent is a plus
- PMI Certification is a plus
Competitive Market Salary; Paid Time Off; Health (Medical & Dental) Benefits; Company Holidays; 401K Plan with Company Match.
Applicants require a valid US work permit.
If you are the right candidate for this position please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org